Here is a trick :
- Create a new LOCAL user on the target server, with administrative privileges.
- Enable this user to remote connection
- Create a new LOCAL user on your workstation, with the same username and same password and with administrative privileges..
- Connect to the target server using remote desktop with the new user (this will create the user profile on the server)
- Launch the remote debugger on the target server
- Go to options and copy the url of the remote debugger:
- On your workstation open in visual studio the debug window
- Type in the address edit box the value NEWUSERNAME@TARGETSERVERNAME (you just copied it)
- Voilà! The remote debugger should connect successfully to the target server.
- If you have any problem try disabling the firewall on the two machines.
Let me know if this helps you.
Happy remote debugging!